The research room is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday but is closed on weekends and all federal holidays. If you arrive before 10 a.m. to conduct research please go through the doors labeled RESEARCH to the left of the main entrance.
There is no fee to conduct research, there are charges for self-service photocopying and to have audiovisual materials reproduced.
You are not required to make an appointment or reservation to use the research room. However, we highly recommend that you contact us prior to your first visit so we can confirm material for your specific topic is available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researching at the Reagan Library
- Upon arrival your bags will be inspected by security and you will be issued a locker key for your belongings.
- For your first visit you will have a brief orientation wherein you complete a researcher application (please have photo ID ready) and you will be issued a researcher card. You will also meet with an archivist who will demonstrate proper document handling, overview the rules of the research room, and assist in finding documents and collections relevant to your research.
- Electronic items allowed in the research room include phones, cameras, tablets, laptops, and flat-bed scanners. Photography is allowed with flash disabled. If you have a question about equipment you want to bring into the research room please contact us at email@example.com.
- Lockers are provided for researchers free of charge.
- A computer is available in the research room for public access.
- Wifi is available in the research room.
- Prohibited Items in the research room:
- Food and drink including tobacco of any form
- Top-feeding document scanners
- Notebooks or folders - all note paper must be unbound
- Cases for laptops or tablets