The Research Room is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The research room is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday but is closed on weekends and all federal holidays.
If you arrive before 10 a.m. to conduct research: please enter the main courtyard and proceed to the doors labeled RESEARCH. This door is marked and located to the left of the main entrance.
If you arrive after 10 a.m.: please enter through the main Library/Museum doors and speak to the ticket desk for entry into the Research Room.
There is no fee to conduct research, there are charges for self-service photocopying and to have audiovisual materials reproduced. Self-service photocopying fee is $0.25 cents per page.
You are not required to make an appointment or reservation to use the research room. However, we highly recommend that you contact us prior to your first visit so we can confirm material for your specific topic is available for research use. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researching at the Reagan Library
Upon every arrival your bags will be inspected by security and you will be issued a locker key for your belongings.
For your first visit you will complete a brief orientation, complete a researcher application (please have photo ID ready) and be issued a researcher card. During the orientation staff will demonstrate proper document handling, explain our research room rules and provide instruction in how to request materials. All researchers are required to view - in person - the slideshow Help Us Protect Our Records. If appropriate, an archivist can answer questions you might have about how to locate materials that will support your research.
- Electronic items allowed in the research room include phones, cameras, tablets, laptops, and flat-bed scanners. Photography is allowed with flash disabled. If you have a question about equipment you want to bring into the research room please contact us at email@example.com.
- Lockers are provided for researchers free of charge.
- A computer is available in the research room for public access.
- Wifi is available in the research room.
- Prohibited Items in the research room include:
- Food and drink including tobacco of any form
- Top-feeding document scanners
- Notebooks or folders - all note paper must be unbound
- Cases for laptops or tablets
Dining, Accommodations and Transportation
The Reagan Library has a dine-in cafe on the premises, and is within an easy drive of a variety of eateries from fast food to full service restaurants. There are a number of accommodations close to the Reagan Library, in Simi Valley and the adjacent Thousand Oaks, including hotels, motels and private rentals. We encourage visitors to explore online resources, such as the local Chamber of Commerce, for options that will fit your budget and needs. The easiest way to get to the Reagan Library is in a personal vehicle, but there are other transportation options available. For the latest information on public transportation check: https://www.simivalley.org/departments/community-services/simi-valley-transit .