February 25, 1982
The President today announced his intention to nominate the following individuals to be members of the Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation.
- Howard H. Dana, Jr., of Cape Elizabeth, Maine, is a partner in the Portland, Maine, law firm of Verrill & Dana. Mr. Dana is 41 years old and is married, with three children.
- Harold R. Demoss, Jr., of Houston, Tex., is a partner with the law firm of Bracewell & Patterson. He was born December 30, 1930.
- William L. Earl, of Coral Gables, Fla., is currently a partner with the firm of Peeples, Earl, Moore & Blank in Miami, Fla. He was born July 11, 1943.
- William F. Harvey, of Indianapolis, Ind., is a professor of law and former dean of Indiana University School of Law at Indianapolis. He is 49 years old.
- Clarence V. McKee, of Washington, D.C., is counsel with the law firm of Pepper & Corazzini. He was born November 16, 1942.
- William J. Olson, of Falls Church, Va., is currently a partner with the law firm of Smiley, Murphy, Olson & Gilman located in Washington, D.C. Mr. Olson is 32 years old and is married.
- George E. Paras, of Sacramento, Calif., is currently in the private practice of law with the firm of Johnson, Greve, Clifford & Diepenbrock in Sacramento. He is 47 years old and is married, with two children.
- Marc Sandstrom, of La Jolla, Calif., is the executive vice president of the San Diego Federal Savings and Loan. He is 46 years old and is married, with four children.
- Annie Laurie Slaughter, of St. Louis, Mo., is director of operations, Annie Malone Children's Home, in St. Louis.
- Robert Sherwood Stubbs II, of Waleska, Ga., is executive assistant attorney general for the State of Georgia. Mr. Stubbs is 59 years old and is married, with two children.
Note: Mr. Sandstrom's nomination, which was submitted to the Senate on March 1, was withdrawn by the President on May 18.